2021-2022 Instructional Literacy Coach Leadership Academy Application
Thank you for your interest in the ILC Leadership Academy. If you are a current instructional employee and wish to serve the teachers and students of St. Johns County as an Instructional Literacy Coach (ILC), please upload the following documentation. In order to apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Current SJCSD instructional employee
- At least three years of teaching experience
- Completion of at least two reading endorsement competencies OR reading endorsement OR reading certification
Applications for the 2021-2022 ILC Leadership Academy will be accepted through Friday, August 27, 2021. The following documentation will need to be uploaded into the ILC Leadership Academy Application.
- Evidence of Reading Endorsement or Certification OR at least two reading competencies
- Letter of recommendation from your current principal or supervisor emphasizing your skills as a teacher, and your potential ability for leading teachers
- One page double spaced explanation of why you want to be an ILC and what assets would you bring to the position
The ILC Leadership Academy cohort will receive monthly training from 4:15-6:00 p.m. September through April. The content of these sessions will revolve around the coaching cycle and is designed to give you an inside look at the ILC position. A book study with the Art of Coaching will be the focus of the trainings. In addition, information on MTSS, the Comprehensive Reading Plan, the science of reading will be incorporated into the trainings. You will have an opportunity to present a professional development session to adult learners.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Mollie Altick-Magill, Curriculum Coordinator for K-12 Literacy by email or phone at (904) 547-7529. After reviewing the paperwork, she will be in touch with you by the first meeting in September.