Ready to renew your certificate? *click here to visit the Certification Department
August 9, 2021 – August 13, 2021
Professional Development Vision
Within each school and department, SJCSD will develop leadership and build capacity to design, deliver and support high quality professional development which enhances the knowledge, skills, dispositions and practices of employees to ensure that all students perform and achieve at the highest levels.
- User’s Guide
- BusinessPlus Course Development & Management
- How to Earn Inservice Points including Out Of County Opportunities Please remember that you may only credit once for each course.
- How to Check your PD Transcript
- Florida Educator Accomplished Practice
- CLINICAL EDUCATOR TRAINING
- SJCSD-New Teacher Induction Mentoring Handbook 2018-2019
- Teaching Channel
- Resources for NEW teachers
- New Hire Handbook of Resources- INSTRUCTIONAL
For Substitute Teachers
- Florida Principal Leadership Standards
- Florida School Leaders
- Florida Professional Educator Competencies (PEC)
- Non-Instructional Personnel Evaluation
For Non-Instructional Personnel
♦Click the link for your Area to Learn About Online Learning Opportunities!♦
- Food Service
- Extended Day
- What Credentials Are Needed to Become A Paraprofessional?
- ParaPro Assessment – FSCJ or SJRSC or Alternate Locations
- ⇒ TUITION SUPPORT PROGRAMS for: ⇐
- Para-to-Teacher Support Program
- ESE Endorsements Tuition Support
- Speech/Language Pathology Tuition Support Program
Interested in working for the St. Johns County School District?
- SJCSD Recruitment Information – Click this link to learn about recruitment events and job fairs
- All About SJCSD – Click this link to view the presentation slides from the Q & A on 11.19.2020
- Florida Certification Exam Study Resources – Click this link to for FREE or REDUCED RATE certification test study help
SWD Point Opportunities for Certification Renewal (Every five years, we must earn 20 Points specific to teaching Students With Disabilities, 1012.585, F.S.)
Reading Point Opportunities for Certification Renewal
♦Click Here to learn about Certification 40 Reading Pts. Renewal- Who Needs Them and When?
- Exploring Structured Literacy Schedule (This is currently the ONLY course available that meets this requirement.) To Receive Credit: Register for and Compelte the Course through FDLRS/NEFEC. Acquire the Certificate of Completion. Register in BusinessPlus. Upload your Certificate of Completion in BusinessPlus.
Other PD Opportunities
New opportunities to earn inservice points are regularly added in BusinessPlus and are posted on the Professional Development Calendar located at: https://inside.stjohns.k12.fl.us/pd/
Follow the directions in the document below to add the PD Calendar to your Outlook Calendar for easy access!
- FREE FOR ANYONE: Capella University Online Courses* to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion or a professional learning log with documents in BusinessPlus.
- FREE FOR ANYONE: CORWIN Publishing Free Webinar Schedule through May 2021 * to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion or a professional learning log with documents in BusinessPlus.
- FREE FOR ANYONE: Reading with TLC Free Webinar Recordings * to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion or a professional learning log with documents in BusinessPlus.
- St. Johns County School District New Hire Induction New to St. Johns County? Click here for more information!
- New Hire Learning Opportunities
Endorsement Courses: ESOL, Reading, Gifted, ASD
- ESOL Information Handout
- Reading Edorsement and Certification Information Handout
- SJCSD ESOL Offerings 2021-2022 SY
- SJCSD READING ENDORSEMENT OFFERINGS 2021-2022 SY
- ⇒New Direct-Instruction Option for Reading Competencies 1 & 2⇐ K-3 Teachers ONLY! Offered via SJCSD through Facilitator Christi Pfaff. Register in BusinessPlus, successfully complete all program coursework, and credit will be awarded. **This is a long-term commitment and no partial credit will be awarded.** Search by Topic in BusinessPlus: LIT-READING/LITERACY August Offering Info `January Offering Info
GIFTED Endorsement Course Offerings- NEFEC– *You MUST register for these on the NEFEC website – then on BusinessPlus- we qualify for the NEFEC District Price for these courses only
- New Event Starting August 24, 2021- Register NOW at: http://www2.nefec.org/event3032/
- Upon completion- send Certificate of Completion to SJCSD PD & Evaluations to earn credit
Alternative Sources for Professional Learning
*Please note that coursework is accepted from these organizations; however, the costs associated are the responsibility of the participant.*
FDLRS – Florida Diagnostic Learning & Resources System Send certificate of completion.
NEFEC – North East Florida Educational Consortium Send certificate of completion.
Uf Literacy Institute Send certificate of completion.
Early Learning Center FLDOE Offered via SJCSD through Facilitator Christi Pfaff. Register in BusinessPlus, successfully complete all program coursework, and credit will be awarded.
FACTE – for CTE teachers ONLY Send certificate of completion.
The Schultz Center (No ASD nor SWD Points may be accepted from this organization) Send certificate of completion. 2/23/2021
Beacon Educator (No ESOL, Reading, Gifted, ASD, nor SWD Points may be accepted from this organization) This is an Out-of-County offering and a Professional Learning Log with all documents must be submitted for any general points to be considered. 6/30/2020