Ready to renew your teaching certificate? *click here to visit the Certification Department
Wednesday Early Release Schedule
|First Wednesday of the Month||Teacher/PLC Planning Time|
|Second Wednesday of the Month||Teacher Learning Time|
|Third Wednesday of the Month||Teacher/PLC Planning Time|
|Fourth Wednesday of the Month||Teacher Learning Time|
INSTRUCTIONAL INSERVICE DAY: JANUARY 5, 2024
Click here to view offerings for: – School-Based- See your Building Administration Team
NON-INSTRUCTIONAL INSERVICE DAY: MARCH 18, 2024
Click here to view offerings for: – Coming Soon!
Professional Learning Vision
Within each school and department, SJCSD will develop leadership and build capacity to design, deliver and support high quality professional development which enhances the knowledge, skills, dispositions and practices of employees to ensure that all students perform and achieve at the highest levels.
- User’s Guide
- BusinessPlus Course Development & Management
- How to Earn Inservice Points including Out-Of-County Opportunties Please remember that you may only earn credit once for each course.
- How to Check your PD Transcript
- Florida Educator Accomplished Practice
- CLINICAL EDUCATOR TRAINING
- Resources for NEW teachers
- New Hire Handbook of Resources- INSTRUCTIONAL
- Increase your Cultural Awareness
For Substitute Teachers
- Substitute Teacher website
- Please note that all Substitute Teachers have an E# and SJCSD email address and may take advantage of many of the SCJSD Professional Learning Opportunities. You will need to set up your single-sign-on password with IT in order to register in BusinessPlus.
- Florida Principal Leadership Standards
- Florida School Leaders
- Florida Professional Educator Competencies (PEC)
- Non-Instructional Personnel Evaluation
For Non-Instructional Personnel
♦Click the link for your Area to Learn About Online Learning Opportunities!♦
- See your Direct Supervisor for learning opportunities related to your work area
- What Credentials Are Needed to Become A Paraprofessional?
- ParaPro Assessment – SJRSC or Alternate Locations
- ParaPro Assessment Study Tools
- ⇒ TUITION SUPPORT PROGRAMS for: ⇐
- Para-to-Teacher Support Program
- ESE Endorsements Tuition Support
- Speech/Language Pathology Tuition Support Program
- American College of Education Tuition Discounts: St. Johns County ACE Flyer
Interested in working for the St. Johns County School District?
- SJCSD Recruitment Information – Click this link to learn about recruitment events and job fairs
- All About SJCSD – Click this link to view the presentation slides from the Q & A on 11.19.2020
- Florida Certification Exam Study Resources – Click this link to for FREE or REDUCED RATE certification test study help
SWD Point Opportunities for Certification Renewal (Every five years, ALL certified personnel must earn 20 Points specific to teaching Students With Disabilities, 1012.585, F.S.)
♦Click Here to see Which Courses Count towards the SWD Certification Renewal? this document will list many courses that are approved and give you the information for how to earn credit.
Reading Point Opportunities for Certification Renewal
(Every five years, those with qualifying areas must earn 40 Points specific to the use of explicit, systematic, and sequential approaches to reading instruction, 6A-4.0051, FAC)
♦Click Here to learn about Certification 40 Reading Pts. Renewal- Who Needs Them, When, and HOW?
Endorsement Courses: ESOL, Reading, Gifted, ASD
♦Click for more information about the Endorsements, Certification Requirements in these areas, and how to fulfill these requirements
Other PD Opportunities
New opportunities to earn inservice points are regularly added in BusinessPlus and are posted on the Professional Development Calendar located at: https://inside.stjohns.k12.fl.us/pd/
- St. Johns County School District New Hire Induction New to St. Johns County? Click here for more information!
- New Hire Learning Opportunities
- Safeschools Learning Opportunities: Safeschools Learning Opportunities- Beyond the Annual Videos: * to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion in BusinessPlus or email directly to PD.
- SJCSD Online Learning Center Opportunities: SJCSD Online Learning Center: * to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion in BusinessPlus or email directly to PD.
- FREE FOR ANYONE: Florida’s Free Tobacco Prevention Program Learning Opportunities: * to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion in BusinessPlus or email directly to PD.
- FREE FOR ANYONE: edWeb.net FREE Webinars: create a free account, watch recordings or live events and take the quiz to receive a certificate * to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion in BusinessPlus or email directly to PD.
- FREE FOR ANYONE: CORWIN Publishing Free Webinar Schedule * to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion or a professional learning log with documents in BusinessPlus.
- FREE FOR ANYONE: Reading with TLC Free Webinar Recordings * to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion or a professional learning log with documents in BusinessPlus.
- FREE FOR ANYONE:Science of Reading Free 7-Part Webinar Recordings from Waterford.org* to receive 7 inservice credits, upload a professional learning log with documents in BusinessPlus.
Alternative Sources for Professional Learning
*Please note that coursework is accepted from these organizations; however, the costs associated are the responsibility of the participant.*
FDLRS – Florida Diagnostic Learning & Resources System Send certificate of completion.
NEFEC – North East Florida Educational Consortium Send certificate of completion.
Uf Literacy Institute Send certificate of completion.
Early Learning Center FLDOE Offered via SJCSD through Facilitator Christi Pfaff. Register in BusinessPlus, successfully complete all program coursework, and credit will be awarded.
FACTE – for CTE teachers ONLY Send certificate of completion.
The Schultz Center (No ASD nor SWD Points may be accepted from this organization) Send certificate of completion. 2/23/2021
Beacon Educator (No ESOL, Reading, Gifted, ASD, nor SWD Points may be accepted from this organization) This is an Out-of-County offering and a Professional Learning Log with all documents must be submitted for any general points to be considered. 6/30/2020