Ready to renew your certificate? *click here to visit the Certification Department
Professional Development Vision
Within each school and department, SJCSD will develop leadership and build capacity to design, deliver and support high quality professional development which enhances the knowledge, skills, dispositions and practices of employees to ensure that all students perform and achieve at the highest levels.
- User’s Guide
- SunGard Course Development & Management
- How to Earn Inservice Points including Out Of County Opportunities Please remember that you may only credit once for each course.
- How to Check your PD Transcript
- Florida Educator Accomplished Practice
- CLINICAL EDUCATOR TRAINING
- SJCSD-New Teacher Induction Mentoring Handbook 2018-2019
- Teaching Channel
- Resources for NEW teachers
- New Hire Handbook of Resources- INSTRUCTIONAL
For Substitute Teachers
- Florida Principal Leadership Standards
- Florida School Leaders
- Florida Professional Educator Competencies (PEC)
- Non-Instructional Personnel Evaluation
For Non-Instructional Personnel
♦Click the link for your Area to Learn About Online Learning Opportunities!♦
- Food Service
- Extended Day
- What Credentials Are Needed to Become A Paraprofessional?
- ParaPro Assessment – FSCJ or SJRSC or Alternate Locations
- ⇒ TUITION SUPPORT PROGRAMS for: ⇐
- Para-to-Teacher Support Program
- ESE Endorsements Tuition Support
- Speech/Language Pathology Tuition Support Program
Interested in working for the St. Johns County School District?
SWD Point Opportunities for Certification Renewal (Every five years, we must earn 20 Points specific to teaching Students With Disabilities)
Reading Point Opportunities for Certification Renewal
♦Click Here to learn about Certification 40 Reading Pts. Renewal- Who Needs Them and When?
- Exploring Structured Literacy Schedule (This is currently the ONLY course available that meets this requirement.) To Receive Credit: Register for and Compelte the Course through FDLRS/NEFEC. Acquire the Certificate of Completion. Register in BusinessPlus. Upload your Certificate of Completion in BusinessPlus.
Other PD Opportunities
New opportunities to earn inservice points are regularly added in BusinessPlus and are posted on the Professional Development Calendar located at: https://inside.stjohns.k12.fl.us/pd/
Follow the directions in the document below to add the PD Calendar to your Outlook Calendar for easy access!
- FREE FOR ANYONE: Capella University Online Courses* to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion or a professional learning log with documents in BusinessPlus.
- FREE FOR ANYONE: CORWIN Publishing Free Webinar Schedule through May 2021 * to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion or a professional learning log with documents in BusinessPlus.
- FREE FOR ANYONE: Reading with TLC Free Webinar Recordings * to receive inservice credits, upload the certificate of completion or a professional learning log with documents in BusinessPlus.
- 2020-2021 Monthly New Hire PD flyer Topics shift monthly based upon participant feedback. We meet face-to-face at Fullerwood.
- New Employee Induction Flyer FEBRUARY 3 2021 Opportunity to learn about SJCSD. All New Hires Welcome! Space is limited! Register in BusinessPlus.
- TEACH IN February 2021 FLYER Opportunity to learn best practices from currently practicing instructors in SJCSD. All New Hires Welcome! Space is limited! Register in BusinessPlus. Some planned topics include: Restorative Practices in the Classroom- Changing our Mindset, Keeping Your Students Engaged Part I and Part II, Informal Assessment Using Math Games for the K-2 Classroom, Tiered Without Tears, The Cornerstones to the Gifted Puzzle, Schoology: Beyond the Basics, and Why and How to Differentiate Instruction for Gifted Students in Advanced Courses
Endorsement Courses: ESOL, Reading, Gifted, ASD
GIFTED Endorsement Course Offerings- NEFEC– *You MUST register for these on the NEFEC website – then on BusinessPlus- we qualify for the NEFEC District Price for these courses only
Alternative Sources for Professional Learning
*Please note that coursework is accepted from these organizations; however, the costs associated are the responsibility of the participant.*
FDLRS – Florida Diagnostic Learning & Resources System Send certificate of completion.
NEFEC – North East Florida Educational Consortium Send certificate of completion.
Uf Literacy Institute Send certificate of completion.
Early Learning Center FLDOE Send certificate of completion.
FACTE – for CTE teachers ONLY Send certificate of completion.
The Schultz Center (No Gifted, ASD, nor SWD Points may be accepted from this organization) Send certificate of completion. 6/30/2020
Beacon Educator (No ESOL, Reading, Gifted, ASD, nor SWD Points may be accepted from this organization) This is an Out-of-County offering and a Professional Learning Log with all documents must be submitted for any general poinjts to be considered. 6/30/2020