How to Enroll Your Child in School
All students must register at their home-zoned school. The school district Attendance Zone Locator will identify the correct school.
Requirements for Children to Begin School
1. Grade Placement (Florida State Statute 1003.21)
- Voluntary Pre-K: A child must be four years old on or before September 1st.
- Kindergarten: A child must be five years old on or before September 1st.
- First Grade: A child must be six years old on or before September 1st AND satisfy one of the following:
a) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a Florida public school.
b) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a non-public school.
c) Previous attendance in an out-of-state school in which the student was admitted on the basis of age requirements established by the state of residency.
2. Proof of Residency
- Certain documents will be required to prove residency. A complete detail of these requirements can all be found in our Residency Process.
- Current students must update residency documentation before transitioning to kindergarten, middle (6th grade) and high school (9th grade).
3. Proof of Immunization
- Florida Certification of Immunization, DOH 680 Form (Florida State Statute 1003.22)
- 2018-19 School Entry Requirements
- 2018-19 School Entry Requirements (Spanish)
- FL Immunization Requirements FAQs
- Copy of Birth Certificate (If a birth certificate is not available, please refer to 1003.21, FS for other acceptable documentation.)
- Proof of Guardianship (if applicable)
- Physical/Health Examination (dated within 12 months of the student’s enrollment date)
- Social Security Number (optional)
- Academic Records (for students previous enrolled in another school)
For additional Information regarding immunizations, please contact:
Florida Department of Health – St. Johns County
200 San Sebastian View
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Your local St. Johns County Health Department provides free pediatric immunizations.
View the St. Johns County Health Department Immunization Flyer.
For additional information regarding any health issue for school enrollment, please visit our School Health Services Department website.
Although we will request the records from the previous school, placement may be expedited if you have:
- Most recent report card
- Unofficial transcripts or grades
- Most recent test scores (mandatory prior to registration for Honors or Dual Enrollment classes)
If you do not know the name of your zoned school please use the Attendance Zone Locator.
Current students who are returning to St. Johns County Schools, regardless of building or grade, please complete the Returning Student Verification Form. Please refer to your email to obtain your child’s unique Snapcode.
Los estudiantes actuales que regresan a las Escuelas del Condado de St. Johns, independientemente del edificio o el grado, completen el formulario de Verificación de estudiantes que regresan. Consulte su correo electrónico para obtener el Snapcode único de su hijo.