How to Enroll Your Child in School
All students must register at their home-zoned school. The school district Attendance Zone Locator will identify the correct school.
Requirements for Children to Begin School
1. Grade Placement (Florida State Statute 1003.21)
- Voluntary Pre-K: A child must be four years old on or before September 1st.
- Kindergarten: A child must be five years old on or before September 1st.
- First Grade: A child must be six years old on or before September 1st AND satisfy one of the following:
a) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a Florida public school.
b) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a non-public school.
c) Previous attendance in an out-of-state school in which the student was admitted on the basis of age requirements established by the state of residency.
2. Proof of Residency
- Certain documents will be required to prove residency. A complete detail of these requirements can all be found in our Residency Process.
- Current students must update residency documentation before transitioning to kindergarten, middle (6th grade) and high school (9th grade).
Students with expired residency (e.g. expired lease) will be required to provide updated residency documents.
3. Proof of Immunization
- Florida Certification of Immunization, DOH 680 Form (Florida State Statute 1003.22)
Students enrolling for the first time from a state other than Florida must have out of state immunization records transferred to the DOH 680 Form.
- School Entry Requirements
- School Entry Requirements (Spanish)
- School Entry Requirements (Haitian Creole)
- FL Immunization Requirements FAQs
- Copy of Birth Certificate (If a birth certificate is not available, please refer to 1003.21, FS for other acceptable documentation.)
- Proof of Guardianship (if applicable)
- Physical/Health Examination (dated within 12 months of the student’s enrollment date – can be from out of state) that meets the Florida Department of Health Requirements.
Sports physicals will not be accepted for first time enrollment physical/health examination.
- Although a specific form is not required, you may choose to use the recommended School Entry Health Exam Form (DH3040)
- Social Security Number (optional)
- Academic Records (for students previous enrolled in another school)
For additional Information regarding immunizations, please contact:
Florida Department of Health – St. Johns County
200 San Sebastian View
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Your local St. Johns County Health Department provides free pediatric immunizations.
View the St. Johns County Health Department website.
For additional information regarding any health issue for school enrollment, please visit our School Health Services Department website.
Although we will request the records from the previous school, placement may be expedited if you have:
- Most recent report card
- Unofficial transcripts or grades
- Most recent test scores (mandatory prior to registration for Honors or Dual Enrollment classes)
Grade level placement at time of enrollment should be based on the last grade completed by the student. Schools may adjust a student’s grade level and schedule once official school records have been received.
Register a New Student
Only open to students who will be under the age of 5 on September 1, 2021
Registration for Summer VPK 2022
Please click the enrollment button above. (Acceptance is not guaranteed and is based on program availability.)
Eligible students who are currently enrolled in a St. Johns County public school or St. Johns Virtual School may apply to a Program of Choice by completing the general application in Home Access Center (HAC) during the application window.
Eligible students who are currently attending a private school, home school, or a virtual school may apply to a Program of Choice in PowerSchool during the application window. You will need to create a PowerSchool account if you do not already have one.