Parental Permission Forms
Please follow each of the specific guidelines when distributing parent permission forms for a movie:
- District procedure for movie approvals indicates all teachers should provide parents with a parent permission form with the complete title of the requested movie listed.
- Only one title may be listed per form.
- No forms should be submitted without a specific title.
- No blanket permissions are permitted- only 1 movie per permission form is allowed.
- Complete a separate form for each movie that has been approved by administration.
- Non-rated films that contain profanity, violence, nudity, or sexual content must be approved by your school level administrator and a PG-13 form should be completed.
- PG-13 movies may not be shown to students under 13 years of age under any circumstances.
- No “R” rated movies or portions of those movies are permitted to be shown in the St. Johns County School District.
- Parents may request an alternative assignment, in writing, in lieu of signing the permission form.
The appropriate form below must be signed, by a parent/guardian, for students in elementary, middle, and high schools to view movies with PG, PG 13 movies, or TV 14 Videos/DVDs.