We recognize volunteers make valuable contributions to the District’s schools and enhance learning opportunities
Before continuing, please gather the REQUIRED items
- A copy of your driver license
- A valid employee ID or approved volunteer ID (KeepNTrack number). If you don’t know your number, please contact the front desk at the school for which you are driving. They will be able to look up your number.
If you wish to transport students in a personal-owned automobile, you must also upload insurance policy declaration pages, NOT a copy of your insurance card, with the following information:
- Insured name(s)
- Insurance carrier
- Effective dates of coverage
- Policy number
- Minimum policy limits of 100/300/50 ($100,000 bodily injury per person/$300,000 bodily injury per accident/$50,000 property damage)
Please note applications without a driver’s license uploaded and an employee or volunteer ID entered will be deleted.
Requirements of All Volunteer Drivers
- Be an approved SJCSD volunteer, employee or adjunct coach (data entry of your employee ID # or KeepNTrack Volunteer Number is required)
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ensure all students wear seat belts
- The number of students transported will be limited by the specified capacity limits and corresponding seat belts provided
- Must have the names and phone numbers of all passengers
- Vehicle must be in good repair
When Transporting Students in Vehicles Rented Through SJCSD
- Covered through District Automobile Insurance
- Personal Automobile Insurance policy limits are not necessary and do not have to be provided
When Transporting Students in Personal-Owned Vehicles
- Personal Automobile Insurance is primary
- Driver assumes personal financial liability and is responsible for loss and accidental damage to his/her vehicle should an incident occur
- Provide Policy Declaration Page(s) (NOT an insurance card):
Completion of a new request is not required each year. Once you’re approved and added to the approved volunteer driver database you remain approved until your auto insurance expires or your driver license expires.
You will receive an email 30 days prior to the expiration of and again upon expiration of your auto insurance and your driver license. Once you respond to that email request with updated auto insurance declarations page(s) or an updated driver license, you will remain approved.
Please note: You are not approved to transport students in a vehicle rented through St. Johns County School District or your personal-owned vehicle until you receive an approval email from [email protected]. If you haven’t received an email within five (5) business days of application submittal, please check your SPAM folder.
Clicking Create Account means you agree to the requirements listed above.