The Student Records Department has student records dating back to 1909. The Student Records Office is in the Evelyn Hamblen Center at 1 Christopher Street, St. Augustine, Florida 32084.
The Student Records Department processes records request for individuals who last attended our public K-12 schools three or more years ago. All other requests should be made directly to the current/last school attended.
REQUESTING SCHOOL RECORDS
*Please read the following information before ordering your school records*
Student records are confidential and can only be released by written consent from the parent or legal guardian. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level per FERPA Law. FERPA (The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records.
Records available for request:
- Transcript – Official or Unofficial
- Graduation Verification
- Immunization Record (May not be available for all records)
- Copy of School Record
- Exceptional Student Education Record (i.e. IEP, Psychological) Only within five years of graduation or withdrawal from school.
Records for Closed Private Schools
The Student Records Department has records for closed private schools who have surrendered their student records to the St. Johns County School District for permanent record retention. For information on an individual student record from a closed private school, please call the office of Student Records.
For the following requests use the contact information provided.
- GED Verification – Request GED Verification from FLDOE.org
- ACT scores – Request ACT scores from ACTStudent.org
- SAT scores contact 866-756-7346 or request SAT scores from CollegeBoard.com
- AP scores contact 866-630-9305 or request AP scores from CollegeBoard.com
- Virtual School records contact 904-547-8080 or visit StJohnsVirtual.com
- Home Education records contact 904-547-7579 or visit the SJCSD Home Education Department’s website
HOW TO ORDER SCHOOL RECORDS
Record request forms are available from the Student Records office by email, mail, fax or in person. Additionally, the form may be downloaded at:
The fee for a records request is $6.00 per item. Accepted forms of payment are Credit/Debit Card, Money Order or Business Check.
Submitting request for student records with Credit/Debit Card: Use the following website to make payment https://www.schoolpay.com/parent/mip/MbKb and then submit completed form to:
Submitting request for student records by mail: return completed form and payment to: St. Johns County School District, Student Records, 40 Orange Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Submitting request for student records in person: return completed form, payment, and have photo identification with you to: Evelyn Hamblen Center, Student Records,
1 Christopher Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Records will be processed within 10 business days
If you have any questions regarding the above procedures, please contact the
Student Records Department at 904-547-7133.