The Student Records Department of the St. Johns County School District will operate under summer hours for the following dates: May 28 – July 26. The summer hours are as follows: 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Please also note that the department will be relocating to Sebastian Middle School on the following dates: May 29 -May 31.
The Student Records Department has student records dating back to 1909. The Student Records Office is located in the Evelyn Hamblen Center at 1 Christopher Street, St. Augustine, Florida 32084. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.
REQUESTING SCHOOL RECORDS *Please read the following information before ordering your school records*
Student records are confidential and can only be released by written consent from the parent or legal guardian. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level per FERPA Law. FERPA (The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records.
Please contact the last school you attended to request your records if you graduated or withdrew from a St. Johns County School within the past three years.
Requests for records fall into the following categories:
- Transcript – Official or Unofficial
- Graduation Verification
- Immunization Record
- Copy of School Record
- Exceptional Student Education Record (i.e. IEP, Psychological) Only within five years of graduation or withdrawal from school.
For the following records requests use the contact information provided.
- GED Verification contact 1-888-906-4031 or visit http://www.fldoe.org/academics/career-adult-edu/hse/transcript-diploma-requests.stml
- ACT scores contact 319-337-1270 or visit http://www.actstudent.org/index.html
- SAT scores contact 866-756-7346 or visit http://sat.collegeboard.com/scores/send-old-sat-scores
- AP scores contact 319-337-1270 or visit https://apscore.collegeboard.org/scores
- Virtual School records contact 904-547-8080 or visit http://www-sjvs.stjohns.k12.fl.us/
- Home Education records contact (904) 547-8084 or visit http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/homeeducation/
Records for Closed Private Schools The Student Records Department has records for closed private schools who have surrendered their student records to the St. Johns County School District for permanent record retention. For information on an individual student record from a closed private school, please call the office of Student Records.
HOW TO ORDER SCHOOL RECORDS
Records request forms are available in the Student Records office, by mail or fax. Additionally the form may be downloaded at:
- The fee for a records request is $6.00 per item. Accepted forms of payment are Credit/Debit Card, Money Order or Cashier’s Check.
- Records will be processed within 7 to 10 business days.
If submitting request for student records by mail: return completed form, payment, and copy of photo identification to: St. Johns County School District, Student Records, 40 Orange Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084
If submitting request for student records in person: return completed form, payment, and have photo identification with you to: Evelyn Hamblen Center, Student Records, 1 Christopher Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084.
If submitting request for student records with Credit/Debit Card: Use the following website to make payment https://www.schoolpay.com/parent/mip/MbKb and then submit completed form and photo identification to:
By email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Mail: St. Johns County School District, Student Records, 40 Orange Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Records will be processed within 7 to 10 business days
- When picking up records in person, photo identification is required.
- If sending someone to pick up your records, the person must have: a notarized statement from you allowing the release of your records, a copy of your photo identification and their own photo identification.
If you have any questions regarding the above procedures please contact the Student Records Department at 904-547-7137 or 904-547-7133.