How to Enroll Your Child in School
All students must register at their home-zoned school. The school district Attendance Zones Locator (http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/zoning/)
will identify the correct school.
Requirements for Children to Begin School
1. Grade Placement (Florida State Statute 1003.21)
- Voluntary Pre-K: A child must be four years old on or before September 1st.
- Kindergarten: A child must be five years old on or before September 1st.
- First Grade: A child must be six years old on or before September 1st AND satisfy one of the following:
a) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a Florida public school.
b) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a non-public school.
c) Previous attendance in an out-of-state school in which the student was admitted on the basis of age requirements established by the state of residency.
2. Proof of Residency
- Certain documents will be required to prove residency. A complete detail of these requirements can all be found in:
Residency process (http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/student/residency/)
- Current students must re-verify residency before transitioning to middle (6th grade) and high school (9th grade).
3. Proof of Immunization
- Florida Certification of Immunization, DOH 680 Form (Florida State Statute 1003.22)
- FL Immunization Requirements – FAQs
For additional Information regarding immunizations, please contact:
Florida Department of Health- St. Johns County
200 San Sebastian View
St. Augustine, FL 32084
For additional information regarding any health issue for school enrollment, please visit (http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/health/)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Physical/Health Examination (dated within 12 months of the student’s first day of school)
- Social Security Number (optional)
- Academic Records (for students previous enrolled in another school)
Although we will request the records from the previous school, placement may be expedited if you have:
- Most recent report card
- Unofficial transcripts or grades
- Most recent test scores (mandatory prior to registration for Honors or Dual Enrollment classes)
If you would like to complete the registration paperwork in advance please visit http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/student/enrollment/form.
If you do not know the name of your zoned school please use the Zone Locator at http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/zoning/
Revised 2/16 SS/jd