A Positive and Peaceful Approach to Parenting!
Parenting is one of the most important jobs we all have, yet we receive very little training for it. Conscious Discipline is an adult-based intervention with child-based outcomes. Through this social-emotional program, we learn how to “discipline” ourselves to help our children learn. Mark your calendars today!
Who Should Attend: Parents of Students PreK-2nd grade at Cunningham, Durbin, Hickory, Julington, Ocean Palms, PV/PV, Palencia, Picolata, Timberlin, and Wards.
When: Thursday, November 10, 2022
Where: Creekside High School
100 Knight’s Lane
St. Johns, FL 32259
Childcare for ages 3+ provided!
During this session, you will learn about:
- The Brain State Model to help understand how your state dictates your child’s state
- How to manage your own emotions to better respond to challenging behaviors
- An introduction to the process of self regulation
- Make & Takes that can be used at home when practicing breathing strategies
- Giveaways including Conscious Discipline Products!
- Dinner will be provided
RSVP by Thursday, October 28th
Include your child’s name, school, and grade level if you need childcare. One child per registered adult. Childcare is first come, first serve and will fill up quickly.
This event is being presented by SJCSD Early Childhood, and Community Relations Departments. We extend our grateful thanks to Jeff Willard and Equitable Advisors for their sponsorship.
South County Parent Workshop Coming in March 2023