3015 Lewis Speedway, Bldg. 3, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Intervention Services will provide support to encourage success and enhance the educational experience of all students.
Positive Behavior Support (PBS)
Positive Behavior Support is a behaviorally-based systems approach. It is designed to enhance the capacity of schools, families, and communities to create effective environments that improve the link between research-validated practices and the environments in which teaching and learning occur. A major advance in school-wide discipline is the emphasis on school-wide systems of support that include proactive strategies for defining, teaching, and supporting appropriate student behaviors to create positive school environments. Currently, six of our elementary schools and of our middle schools have implemented a school-wide Positive Behavior Support plan (Crookshank Elementary, South Woods Elementary, Webster Elementary, Liberty Pines Academy, Fruit Cove Middle, Gamble Rogers Middle, Landrum Middle, Murray Middle, Pacetti Bay Middle, Sebastian Middle, Switzerland Point Middle).
Response to Intervention (RtI)
The Problem Solving – Response to Intervention model is a process whereby schools are trained to analyze and target students’ academic and/or behavior problems so that quality and effective interventions can be implemented. Interventions are data driven and designed to facilitate student success. Each school develops a multidisciplinary team which receives on-going coaching in the following core principles:
- We can effectively teach all children.
- Intervene early.
- Use a multi-tier model of service delivery.
- Use a problem-solving method to make decisions within a multi-tier model.
- Use research-based, scientifically validated interventions/instruction.
- Monitor student progress to inform instruction.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Use assessment for three different purposes: universal screening, diagnostic and progress monitoring.