The SJCSD Information Technology Department is overseen by our Chief Information Office, Bruce Patrou. The department is comprised of four divisions, which include:
- Network Services
- Technology Support
- Business Information Systems
- Student Information Systems
We are located at the Fullerwood Learning Resource Center, just a few miles north of the main Administrative Complex at Orange Street.
We can be reached by telephone at (904) 547-3920.
Employees can get more information by visiting Inside SJCSD.
District Technology Plan 2016-2019
The District’s Strategic Plan
|District Technology Plan 2016-2019
Revised March 2017
The District’s 5-year Strategic Plan provides a long range plan to guide future improvement efforts and identify funding. The Strategic Plan for 2016-2021 aligns with the vision, mission and core beliefs of St. Johns County School District and is focused on five overarching goals supported in five strategy areas; Academic and Student Services, Operations, Community Relations, Human Resources and Superintendent and School Board. Within each strategy there are 1-year strategies or objectives called tactical plans. These tactical plans are developed and Board approved each year to fulfill the five strategic areas. It is within these tactical plans where you can find technology related goals that support network infrastructure upgrades, classroom technology upgrades and other technology projects. Other technology based projects are outlined in the Digital Classroom Plan (DCP) that is updated and submitted each year to FLDOE.
Our Instructional Technology Vision
Provide students with opportunities to be engaged in a technology rich environment that enhances teaching, fosters learning and develops essential life skills for all students.
- The process to achieve our vision must be monitored strategically to ensure student learning.
- The identification of high-quality curriculum content is essential to the success of meeting student needs.
- The technology used must be student-centered.
- Professional development for teachers must be provided.
- The proper infrastructure support is critical to the success of implementing the technology vision.
- The most appropriate technology devices will be identified to meet assessment and curriculum needs for all students.
- The technology support must be proportional to the number of devices per school site and the service level needed.
- The model must be able to be implemented throughout the school district.