Vendors previously Fingerprinted and Cleared by Saint Johns County School District that have not obtained your badge, please call 904-547-7500 to verify that your badge is available. If it is available you may pick it up at 40 Orange Street.
Vendors must wear their badges at all times, while present on schools grounds.
Pursuant to F.S. 1012.467 (8)a 1 – Vendors/Contractors who are fingerprinted under Saint Johns County School District must submit a copy of the completed Form I-9 with pertinent acceptable documentation as required by The Department of Homeland Security/Employment Eligibility Verification.
Each employer of every Vendor/Contractor fingerprinted under Saint Johns County School District is responsible for sending a copy of the completed Form I-9 with pertinent acceptable documentation to Saint John’s County School District.
Please fax the required I-9 Form and documentation to: Vicky Eidsmoe, Fingerprint Specialist at 904-547-7605.
How to Schedule a Fingerprinting Appointment.
- Please use this Code when you make your appointment Fieldprint Code: FPStJohnsVendor .
Please note the code IS CASE sensitive.
- Log onto www.fieldprintflorida.com website to schedule your appointment. You will create a secure username/password to enter the system.
- In the Reason why you need to be fingerprinted screen; the applicant will click on I know my Fieldprint Code and enter the Fieldprint Code provided above.
- You will provide your contact and demographic information. The information requested on the scheduling site is the information required by FDLE/FBI in order to process State/National criminal search.
- From this point forward the website will prompt you for the required information to find a local collection facility and schedule an appointment. Instructions, directions, maps, and photos will all be provided directly online.
- If you have any issues or questions, you may contact the customer service team at (800) 799-1067 or at [email protected] You may also select the “Contact Us” link on the website.
How to check for clearance
You may check employees clearance by accessing the school district web site at www.stjohns.k12.fl.us. Click on the Cleared Vendors List link, vendors list is updated weekly. Clearance is good for five (5) years. After five years, a new fingerprint submission is required. All clearance is subject to approval by Saint Johns County School District.
Vendors fingerprinted and cleared by Saint Johns County School District will obtain a Contractor Badge . Badges are processed by Fieldprint, Inc. and payments will be made to Fieldprint at the time of the processing. Please allow a minimum of 5 business days after processing to contact Saint Johns County School District to obtain your badge. They may be picked up at 40 Orange Street, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Identification is required.
The fingerprint fee is $93.50 (ninety-three dollars and fifty cents) per transaction, this fee includes the badge. Payment must be made by credit card only. If the appointment is missed, there is a fee of $15.00 to reschedule.
Additional Information About Vendor Background Screening
- On July 1, 2013, Section 1012.467, Florida Statutes, was amended requiring all school districts to issue a uniform statewide badge to certain noninstructional contractors permitted onto school grounds. On July 19, 2013, The Florida Department of Education provided school district with the Technical Assistance Paper for implementation.
- The School Board has adopted Rule 7.142 implementing the statutory requirements for screening noninstructional contractors. To implement Rule 7.142, the District has classified noninstructional contractors into two categories, Type A and Type B. Type A is a contractor who is not anticipated to have direct contact with students. Type B is a contractor who is anticipated to have direct contact with students, as contemplated by Rule 7.142(3) and (4). It should be noted that they are statutory exemptions for some types of contractors.
- During the contracting process, the District will determine whether or not a contractor is anticipated to have direct contact with students. If such contact is not anticipated, the contractor will be required to have a Type A statewide badge to gain entry to school premises in accordance with the procedure described in paragraph 4. If such contact is anticipated, then the contractor will be required to undergo Type B screening. For access onto school premises, a contractor who has passed Type B screening must check in with the receptionist who will issue a yellow vendor’s badge.
- Type A noninstructional contractors will be required to possess and display, at all times, the uniform statewide identification badge for proof of clearance. This identification badge DOES NOT identify the contractor as an approved St. Johns County School District vendor; it only indicates that they have met the screening requirements as described in Section 1012.467, Florida Statutes. If the District does not anticipate the contractor will have direct contact with students, the contractor will not be required to undergo Type B clearance and a statewide badge will suffice for the contractor to gain access to school premises for performance of contract services. However, as with all visitors, the site must confirm that the individual is on campus for a legitimate and verified purpose. Manual entry into the KeepnTrack system is mandatory. A driver’s license is also required when the uniform statewide identification badge is presented for processing through the KeepnTrack system. Once the contractor’s information has been entered, a yellow vendor’s badge will print.
- Noninstructional contractors who are anticipated by the District to have direct contact with students are classified Type B. They are required to undergo screening in accordance with School Board Rule 7.142(4). Once cleared, they will check in with the school receptionist to gain entry. The receptionist will register them in the KeepnTrack system and issue them a yellow vendor’s badge.
- Any further questions can be directed to Human Resources Fingerprint Specialist at (904) 547-7611.