Parents and staff who wish to receive text messages from this system must (1) Opt-in from their mobile device and (2) have their mobile number on file with their child’s school (for parents/guardians) or on file with Employee Online (for staff/employees).
SchoolMessenger also provides parents/guardians with a mobile app called InfoCenter which allows them to view and listen to previous messages and to verify their phone numbers. The app also allows parents/guardians to select which mode of communication they prefer (voice/text/email) based on the type of message being sent.
How to Opt-in or Opt-out of SchoolMessenger Text Messages
The first step of the process was conducted on 1/4/17 when the District sent an opt-in text message to all parent/guardian and staff phone numbers on file. If you received the opt-in message on your mobile device and responded with a “Y” or “Yes”, you should have received a confirmation text message stating, “You’re registered 4 SchoolMessenger notifications”. No further action is required for you to receive future text messages from your child’s school or from the District.
If you did not receive the opt-in message on your mobile device and want to receive text messages from your child’s school or from the District please follow the steps below:
- From your mobile device, Text “Yes” to 67587. You should then receive a response text message stating, “You’re registered 4 SchoolMessenger notifications”.
- Now that you have registered your device to receive text messages, you must verify that your mobile device phone number(s) is on file at your child’s school.
- You can verify that your contact phone numbers are up to date by viewing them in the SchoolMessenger Information Center mobile app for Apple and Android phones. Please download the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter app, establish your account, then verify your phone numbers and email address.
- If you need to make changes to the phone numbers listed, please contact your child’s school.
- If you do not have access to download the SchoolMessenger mobile app, please contact your child’s school to check the phone numbers on file.
If you wish to opt-out of text messaging, simply text “Stop” to 67587.
Key features of SchoolMessenger’s InfoCenter app
- Designed for parents and guardians
- Holds messages from the last 30 days
- Select mode of broadcast to receive for different message types
- Phone numbers derived from the District’s Student Information System
- Serves as single place to receive and view all messages
- Parents should contact their school to change phone numbers
How to login the first time using the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter app
View the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter App Instructions to learn how to download the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter App on your smartphone and login to set your messaging preferences.