Math is fun, but it can also be challenging.
The + Positive + Start Program enables students to practice the prerequisite math skills needed to be successful in the mathematics course in which they are enrolled in the next school year.
Completion of the course will likely give students a positive start in math.
It’s never too late for a positive start. This program will be available to students through the fall and will end December 31, 2020.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for important information regarding the program.
The +Positive + Start Program supports the prerequisite skills needed for the mathematics courses listed below:
Prerequisite Mathematics Skills Review
Khan Academy Units Assigned
M/J Grade 6 Mathematics
- Decimal place value
- Add and subtract fractions
- Multi-digit multiplication and division
- Multiply fractions
M/J Grade 7 Mathematics
- Unit rates and percentages
- Dividing fractions
- Arithmetic in base ten
- Rational Numbers
M/J Grade 8 Pre-Algebra
- Proportional relationships and percentages
- Rational number arithmetic
- Expressions, equations, and inequalities
- Linear relationships
- Linear equations and linear systems
- Functions and volume
- Associations in data
- Exponents and scientific notation (exponents only)
- Pythagorean theorem and irrational numbers (irrational numbers only)
- Angles, triangles, and prisms (7th grade)
- Rigid transformations and congruence (8th grade)
- Dilations, similarity, and introducing slope (8th grade)
- Pythagorean theorem and irrational numbers (Pythagorean theorem only 8th grade)
- Forms of linear equations (Algebra 1)
- Exponents and radicals (Algebra 1)
- Forms of linear equations
- Quadratics: Multiplying and factoring
- Quadratic functions and equations
- Polynomial factorization
- Rational exponents and radicals
- Rational functions
- Modeling (Algebra 2)
- The unit circle definition of sine, cosine, and tangent (Trigonometry)
- Graphs of trigonometric functions (Trigonometry)
- Trigonometric equations and identities (Trigonometry)
- Go to khanacademy.org/join
- Enter your class code and press “Add”.
Class code: ____________________________
- If you don’t already have an account, press “Create a new account”. Enter your date of birth, then sign up using Google, your school email, or by creating a username.
- Enter your grade and subject. Now you’re ready to start learning!
Once students enter the code, they will be manually added to the program each morning (7:00 am). This will activate the program and students will be able to access the assignments.
The + Positive + Start Program is a FREE, voluntary, non-credited, unsupported, self-paced review of math skills through Khan Academy. The goal is to give students a boost in the prerequisite math skills needed to be successful in the mathematics course in which the student is enrolled in the 2020-2021 school year. The work is meant to be done independently. Students will not be monitored or supported by an instructor. The + Positive + Start Program is not associated with any state defined mathematics course and the review of math skills is not comprehensive and/or parallel to a state defined mathematics course.