Update from Superintendent Forson, March 26

Dear SJCSD Parents and Guardians,

I cannot thank you enough for your patience and understanding as we transition our instruction to online/remote learning for our students on Monday, March 30. We have created A Parent’s Guide to Online Learning video presentation which can be viewed at https://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/online-learning/. We will continue to add resources, guides, and information to aid you and your child in this new environment.

Our teachers are excited to welcome their students into their virtual classrooms and restart their instruction. While I do not expect that everything will work perfectly, I know that we will get better and more comfortable in this environment each day.

We are in the process of distributing laptops/hotspots to those families who are in need of this technology support. All laptops/hotspots will not be distributed by Monday, but we will continue working to accomplish this task as quickly as our resources allow.

Again, I am infinitely proud of our teachers and administrations to plan and prepare for your child. I am extremely appreciative of you, your children and your families to support this new normal. We are excited to get started and continue this school year. We are all in this together. Stay safe and encourage and support one another.

Sincerely,

Tim Forson
Superintendent
St. Johns County Schools