St. Johns County School District has grown by 10,473 students (45%) in the past 10 years! As St. Johns County School District continues to expand, the following recommendations have been approved by the School Board Members and will occur by fall 2017:
- 3 New K-8 schools
- 1 New Elementary school
- 2 School Expansions: South Woods Elementary and Liberty Pines K-8
- Other school improvements including site improvements and district-wide recommendations:
- Continued maintenance, remodeling and renovations at existing schools
- Purchase of equipment to support school-based educational programs
- Purchase of additional and replacement school buses
- Purchase of new technology and playground equipment
In the next 10 years, St. Johns County School District projects a growth of 15, 813 students (47%).
To address this growth St. Johns County voters recently passed a half cent sales tax referendum fall 2015. It is expected to generate approximately $13 million per year, for the next ten years.