Are you interested in having a bigger impact on education in St. Johns County? The Instructional Literacy Coach may be just the job for you! If you are a current instructional employee and wish to serve the teachers and children of St. Johns County as an Instructional Literacy Coach (ILC), please use the checklist on the Elementary or Secondary Instructional Services website to complete your application. If you have any questions concerning the application, please contact either:
Instructional Services Elementary Education – Director Christine Stephan 547-7644
Instructional Services Secondary Education – Director Linda Thomson 547-7626
Applications for the coming year ILC Leadership Academy will be accepted through August 31. Your application packet should include:
- ILC Leadership Academy Application
- Your resume and reference letters
- Evidence of completion of at least two reading competencies or CAR-PD or NGCAR-PD
- Letter of recommendation from your current principal or supervisor emphasizing your skills as a teacher, and your potential ability for leading teachers
- Copy of your St. Johns County professional in-service record
- Document explaining your perception of the role an ILC serves in a school – choose elementary or secondary.
The ILC Leadership Academy cohort will receive monthly training (September-May), 4 – 6:00 p.m., at Fullerwood (kitchen area). The content of these sessions is designed to give you an inside look at the ILC position. It will include the correlations to Marzano, best practices in reading and writing instruction, resources, guest speakers, a book study, interview tips and more. In addition to preparing you for the future, this cohort will help you be more successful now! Additional information and meeting dates will be shared as applications are received.