Team ASSIST 2015-16
This special group of District Employees (few were unavailable at picture time) have teamed up to raise money through many ways most notably the Monthly Jeans Day.
St. Johns County School District ASSIST
(Aid & Support for Students in Sudden Transition) Program
Every Child Has the Right to an Education
YOU MAY BE HOMELESS if you are:
- sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason;
- living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations;
- living in emergency or transitional shelters;
- abandoned in hospitals;
- awaiting foster care placement;
- having a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings;
- living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings;
- (Migrant) migratory children who qualify as homeless because the children are living in circumstances described above;
- an “unaccompanied youth”, a youth who is not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian.
If you are homeless, you may qualify for services under the McKinney-Vento Act (see paragraph 2 (a) and (b) under the “Homeless Education Procedures & Guidelines”. Complete the Identifier below and fax to (904) 547-7595.
If you are homeless, you have a right to:
- Go to school, no matter where you live or how long you have lived there.
- Continue in the school they last attended before you became homeless or the school they last attended, if that is your choice and it is feasible.
- Receive transportation to the school they last attended before your family became homeless or the school they last attended, if you as a guardian requests such transportation.
- Participate in school programs with children who are not homeless.
- Enroll in school without giving a permanent address.
- Enroll and attend classes while the school arranges for the transfer of school and immunization records or any other documents required for enrollment.
- Enroll and attend classes in the school where you are seeking enrollment even while the school and you seek to resolve a dispute over enrolling your child.
- Receive the same special programs and services, if needed, as provided to all other children served in these programs
- Free Lunch and Breakfast program
2015 SJCSD District Office Chili Cook-off in support of A.S.S.I.S.T.
Congratulations to the entrants in the 2015 SJCSD District Office Chili Cook-off:
|1. Chris Stone||Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili|
|2. Tony Hendricks||Mexican Chili|
|3. Bernadette Bridger||Mama Mia|
|4. Jenna Poirier||Southwest Black Bean Chili|
|5. Michael Marimpietri||Sneak Attack|
|6. Joann Johnson||Vote My Chili|
And the winner is…Bernadette Bridger for her Mama Mia chili! CONGRATS!
ALL STAR DONORS
BOZARD FORD * NETWORK FOR GOOD * HILTON HISTORIC BAYFRONT * TESORI FOUNDATION
SJCSD TEAM ASSIST * DOUBLETREE JAX BAYFRONT * THE PLAYERS Championship
What Can I do?
BECOME AN ANNUAL MEMBER:
$1500-Gold, $750-Silver $375-Bronze
Donations will help:
Sponsor students for summer camp enrichment and after school programs
Support for College Tours
Purchase of Laptops for students entering college
Financial contributions to SJCSD ASSIST (Aid & Support for Students in Sudden Transition) program make checks payable to:
40 Orange Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Memo: ASSIST program
or Donate ONLINE http://www.ink-stjohns.org/
Click>Take Action>Make a Donation>Select amount>Select program “ASSIST”>Next…