St. Johns County School District ASSIST
(Aid & Support for Students in Sudden Transition) Program
CHIP IN FOR YOUTH
The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
May 5-10, 2015
Please purchase your PLAYERS tickets from Joann Johnson (904) 669-4033. $25 of every $45 Good Any-One-Day ticket sold will be donated back to us! Or to purchase online go to: Chipinforyouth.com (use code: ASSIST)
Every Child Has the Right to an Education
YOU MAY BE HOMELESS if you are:
- sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason;
- living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations;
- living in emergency or transitional shelters;
- abandoned in hospitals;
- awaiting foster care placement;
- having a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings;
- living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings;
- (Migrant) migratory children who qualify as homeless because the children are living in circumstances described above;
- an “unaccompanied youth”, a youth who is not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian.
If you are homeless, you may qualify for services under the McKinney-Vento Act (see paragraph 2 (a) and (b) under the “Homeless Education Procedures & Guidelines”. Complete the Identifier below and fax to (904) 547-7595.
Homeless Identifier Spanish Version
School Board Policy On Homeless Students
If you are homeless, you have a right to:
- Go to school, no matter where you live or how long you have lived there.
- Continue in the school they last attended before you became homeless or the school they last attended, if that is your choice and it is feasible.
- Receive transportation to the school they last attended before your family became homeless or the school they last attended, if you as a guardian requests such transportation.
- Participate in school programs with children who are not homeless.
- Enroll in school without giving a permanent address.
- Enroll and attend classes while the school arranges for the transfer of school and immunization records or any other documents required for enrollment.
- Enroll and attend classes in the school where you are seeking enrollment even while the school and you seek to resolve a dispute over enrolling your child.
- Receive the same special programs and services, if needed, as provided to all other children served in these programs
- Free Lunch and Breakfast program
UPLIFT With ASSIST Dinner/Silent Auction Fundraiser
Uplift with ASSIST – Save the Date
Uplift with ASSIST Dinner/Silent Auction Pictures
Touching Lives Video Presentation
ASSIST Services PowerPoint Presentation
JOIN US FOR A FUN TIME…
Sertoma 2014 Dodgeball Tournament
Sunday, September 7, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.
St. Augustine Beach Pier
Proceeds to Benefit SJCSD ASSIST Program
Team “School Dazed”:
- Wade Laga
- Chris Stone
- Jan Caban
- Jason Caban
- Kim McNickle
- Steven McNickle
- Taurean Johnson
- Joann Johnson, Team Capt.
Thanks to Bozard Ford, major contributor to the 2014 “Uplift with A.S.S.I.S.T. dinner/silent auction”.
2015 SJCSD District Office Chili Cook-off in support of A.S.S.I.S.T.
Congratulations to the entrants in the 2015 SJCSD District Office Chili Cook-off:
|1. Chris Stone
||Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
|2. Tony Hendricks
|3. Bernadette Bridger
|4. Jenna Poirier
||Southwest Black Bean Chili
|5. Michael Marimpietri
|6. Joann Johnson
||Vote My Chili
And the winner is…Bernadette Bridger for her Mama Mia chili! CONGRATS!
What Can I do?
BECOME AN ANNUAL MEMBER:
$1500-Gold, $750-Silver $375-Bronze
Donations will help:
Sponsor students for summer camp enrichment and after school programs
Support for College Tours
Purchase of Laptops for students entering college
BECOME A MENTOR (contact Raymond Randolph at 904-540-1450), SPECIFY THE ASSIST PROGRAM
BECOME AN EMPLOYER (contact Joann Johnson at 904-547-7642)
Financial contributions to SJCSD ASSIST (Aid & Support for Students in Sudden Transition) program may be mailed to:
or ONLINE www.Getonthebusstjohns.org
Click ->Donate ->Apply to a specific program or general funds ->Student Services Assist Program