- Maintain the fiscal year 2018-2019 Required Local Effort millage rate, resulting in an increase in the Base Student allocation (BSA).
- Provide greater flexibility in the use of the Safe Schools funds allocated in SB 7026.
- Support additional funding and programmatic opportunities for VPK and early learning programs.
- Provide flexibility to school boards with capital outlay revenue for new school construction by excluding
local capital outlay revenue sources from the statutory per student station cost caps.
- Support parity for district virtual programs by allowing them to operate with the same calendar freedom
as Florida Virtual School by ensuring consistency in funding throughout both the regular and summer
- Expand opportunities for advanced degree supplements to be granted by school districts for a Master’s
degree earned in classroom oriented, student centered general education majors, such as Curriculum and
Instruction or Teaching and Learning.
- Support the repeal of federal sequestration for education programs.
- Support an increase in federal dollars for mental health and school safety.