- Support the restoration of the local capital outlay millage authority to 2.0 mills by a majority vote of the
locally elected school board.
- Maintain the fiscal year 2017-2018 Required Local Effort rate, resulting in an increase in per student
- Provide adequate funding systems to address increasing behavioral, mental and physical health needs of
- Support additional funding and programmatic opportunities for VPK and early learning programs.
- Provide flexibility to school boards with capital outlay revenue for new school construction by excluding
local capital outlay revenue sources from the statutory per student station cost caps.
- Support parity for district virtual programs by allowing them to operate with the same calendar freedom
as Florida Virtual School by ensuring consistency in funding throughout both the regular and summer
- Exempt before and aftercare programs and programs accepting school readiness funds that are run by a
school district from recently required additional background screening, training and facility requirements
which have proven to be costly and duplicative.
- Expand opportunities for advanced degree supplements to be granted by school districts for a Master’s
degree earned in classroom oriented, student centered general education majors, such as Curriculum and
Instruction or Teaching and Learning.
- Restore the feedback practices for writing on the state assessment.
- Support the inclusion of the Florida General Knowledge test for individuals pursuing a teaching
certification on the CAPE Industry Certification funding list.
- Support the repeal of federal sequestration for education programs.