The Community Relations Department coordinates public information activities for the district including publications, media relations and public records requests.
Community Relations Staff
- Christina Langston, Director of Community Relations
- Kelly Barrera, Ford Next Generation Learning Community Partnerships Coordinator
- Danielle Cook, Executive Secretary to the Director of Community Relations
- Carla Whitfield, Front Desk Receptionist
- Sonja Willets, Copy/Mail Room Secretary
Requests to distribute fliers or printed materials in SJCSD schools per School Board Rule must be submitted to the Community Relations Department for approval.
- All fliers will be reviewed for content (per SB Rule 9.05) for spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Flier Approval Request Form must accompany all requests
- Please allow five (5) business days for the review process
- The following disclaimer must appear on all materials before they will be approved: "Information contained in these materials are neither sponsored by nor endorsed by the School Board of St. Johns County, its agents or its employees."
- Approval is for passive distribution only - placing materials in public locations of the school; schools are under no obligation to send approved materials home with students
- Approval is for tangible fliers only; no digital fliers will be approved
- Approved materials cannot be placed on district or school websites per the SJCSD Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Requestor is responsible for providing all tangible copies of approved materials for distribution, schools will not make copies; enrollment numbers will be provided to the requestor if needed
- Distribution of approved materials is at the discretion of the principal
- Multiple fliers from the same entity must be reviewed and approved individually and accompanied by a Flier Approval Request Form per flier
- Materials are only approved for the current school year and must be re-submitted each year
- Changes to approved materials must be re-submitted for review and approval
- Companies, businesses, private enterprises, agencies, organizations and programs are not approved, endorsed or sponsored by the school district
- Companies and/or programs sponsored by a school PTA/O or booster club or those that are offered through district-run extended day programs, do not need to have materials approved
For questions, please email or call Danielle Cook at (904) 547-7517