The Community Relations Department coordinates public information activities for the district including publications, media relations and public records requests.
Community Relations Staff
- Christina Langston, Director of Community Relations
- Danielle Cook, Executive Secretary to the Director of Community Relations
- Megan Laubacker, Community Partnerships Coordinator
- Carla Whitfield, Front Desk Receptionist
- Sonja Willets, Confidential Staff Secretary/Public Records
- Aubrey Asplen, Mail Room/Copy Room Clerk
- Cheryl Freeman, RSVP/Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Donna Guzzo, Secretary, RSVP/Volunteer Services
- Donna Lueders, Executive Director, St. Johns County Education Foundation
Requests to distribute fliers or printed materials in SJCSD schools per School Board Rule must be submitted to the Community Relations Department for approval.
- All fliers will be reviewed for content (per SB Rule 9.05) for spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Flier Approval Request Form* must accompany all requests *You must first download this form to your computer in order to fill it out electronically
- Please allow five business days for the review process
- The following disclaimer must appear on all materials before they will be approved: "Information contained in these materials are neither sponsored by nor endorsed by the School Board of St. Johns County, its agents or its employees."
- Approval is for passive distribution only - placing materials in public locations of the school; schools are under no obligation to send approved materials home with students
- Approval is for tangible fliers only; no digital fliers will be approved
- Approved materials cannot be placed on district or school websites per the SJCSD Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Requestor is responsible for providing all tangible copies of approved materials for distribution, schools will not make copies; enrollment numbers will be provided to the requestor if needed
- Distribution of approved materials is at the discretion of the principal
- Multiple fliers from the same entity must be reviewed and approved individually and accompanied by a Flier Approval Request Form per flier
- Materials are only approved for the current school year and must be re-submitted each year
- Changes to approved materials must be re-submitted for review and approval
- Companies, businesses, private enterprises, agencies, organizations and programs are not approved, endorsed or sponsored by the school district
- Companies and/or programs sponsored by a school PTA/O or booster club or those that are offered through district-run extended day programs, do not need to have materials approved
*You must first download this form to your computer in order to fill it out electronically.
For questions, please email or call Sonja Willets at (904) 547-7637.