To promote health and wellness in our community, five high schools will allow public access to their the track, tennis courts and outdoor basketball courts from 6pm to 8pm on select Wednesdays beginning on June 7th. View our Summer Use of High School Facilities flyer for details.
Currently browsing category
A job fair for bus operators will be held on Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 6:00pm at the Transportation Department’s Offices at 30 Crookshank Dr., St. Augustine, FL.
The St. Johns County School District will be participating in the Summer Food Service Program for Children June 5—July 28 as outlined below. There will be a break in service on July 4 as the school district will be closed for Independence Day.
Additional personnel and principal appointments have taken place recently within the St. Johns County School District (SJCSD). Superintendent Tim Forson has named these appointments which are effective pending School Board approval.
The St. Johns County School District announces the schedule of 2017 graduation ceremonies for St. Johns County high schools, St. Johns Virtual School and First Coast Technical College (FCTC).
Florida’s School Choice Programs ensure that no child will be left behind by allowing parents to choose the best educational setting—public or private—for their child. The McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Program currently provides more than 31,000 Florida students with special needs the opportunity to attend a participating private school. The McKay Scholarships Program also offers parents public school choice.
Happy New Year!
The St. Johns County School District invites you to participate in a new session of Community Education adult evening courses available at five different school sites. You can enroll in courses in Microsoft Office and Excel, retirement planning, memory improvement, sewing, photography, art, Spanish and French languages, guitar, banjo, songwriting, bluegrass string band, yoga, bellydancing, and improvisational theatre. Courses start soon.
To register or for information on prices, dates, and locations please visit the St. Johns County Community Education website or call 547-7565.
Parents and Guardians,
We informed you last month of our transition to a new mass notification system called SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger allows the District to contact parents and guardians using voice, text and/or email. Now that the new system is in place, we are working to complete the opt-in process that is required to communicate with you via your mobile device using texting.
The first step of the process was conducted earlier this week on 1/4/17 when we sent an opt-in Text message to all parent phone numbers on file. If you received the opt-in message on your mobile device and responded with a “Y” or “Yes”, you should have received a confirmation text message stating, “You’re registered 4 SchoolMessenger notifications”. No further action is required for you to receive future text messages from your child’s school or from the District.
If you did not receive the opt-in message on your mobile device and want to receive text messages from your child’s school or from the District please follow the steps below:
- From your mobile device, Text “Yes” to 67587. You should then receive a response text message stating, “You’re registered 4 SchoolMessenger notifications”.
- Now that you have registered your device to receive text messages, you must verify that your mobile device phone number(s) is on file at your child’s school.
- You can verify that your contact phone numbers are up to date by viewing them in the SchoolMessenger Information Center mobile app for Apple and Android phones. Please use the SchoolMessenger App Instructions to download the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter app, establish your account and verify your phone numbers and email address.
- If you need to make changes to the phone numbers listed, please contact your child’s school.
- If you do not have access to download the SchoolMessenger mobile app, please contact your child’s school to check the phone numbers on file.